Teresa Newton - County Library
519 East Gaines Street Lawrenceburg, TN 38464 Phone: (931) 762-4627 Fax: (931) 766-1597 Website: Library
Hours of Operation
Main Branch - Lawrenceburg
Monday, Thursday, Friday : 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday, Wednesday : 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Saturday : 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Sunday : Closed
Loretto Branch Library
102 S. Main Street/P. O. Box 338
Loretto, TN 38469
Tuesdays: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Wednesdays & Thursdays: Noon – 6:00 pm
Fridays: 1:00 pm – 5:00 p.m.
Saturdays: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Closed Sundays and Mondays.
Duties of the Department
- The library provides information as well as books, videos, books on tape, magazines and other items to the citizens of Lawrence County.
- Computers are available for public access to the Internet as well as for use in word processing, reference, and other tasks.
- We provide a quick reference service by phone or email.
- Programs for children are offered weekly during the school year and for a six-week period during the summer.
- We offer a monthly book discussion program for adults.
- School groups, from pre-school through college level, are offered tours and orientation to library services.
- Our genealogy department is used daily by both local citizens and out-of-town visitors who are researching their family histories.
- We make IRS tax forms available during tax season.
Goals and Objectives
- To make information and materials available to the people in the community which will fill their educational, informational, and entertainment needs.
- We use every means available to us in order to make the citizens of Lawrence County aware of what we have and encourage them to make use of our resources.
Online Library Catalog
The web address for our online catalog is http://lawcotn.booksys.net/opac/lawcotn/
At this site, patrons are able to check the holdings of both library locations and determine if the book is currently available or not. The catalog also includes the holdings for the R.E.A.D.S. program. Items with call numbers that begin READS may be downloaded in electronic and/or audio format using the R.E.A.D.S. link
R.E.A.D.S. The Regional Ebook & Audiobook Download System http://reads.lib.overdrive.com
Use your library card to download ebooks to popular devices such as the Nook, Ipad or to your computer. At this time, READS is not compatible with the Kindle, but that is expected to change by the end of the year. You can also download audiobooks to your computer, MP3 player or other compatible device. Choose the Lawrence County Public Library and use the numbers underneath the barcode on your library card as the identification number.
The Tennessee Electronic Library — www.tntel.tnsos.org
The Tennessee Electronic Library (TEL) is a virtual library that you can access from your home pc, your school library computer lab, or your iPhone – anywhere with an internet connection. TEL provides access to over 400,000 electronic resources, including magazines, scholarly journals, podcasts, videos, e-books, test preparation materials, federal census records, Tennessee primary source materials, and more!
All types of not-for-profit libraries participate in TEL and benefit from the wide range of information TEL databases offer, including homework help to new readers, consumer health information, business resources, leisure reading suggestions, current event essays, academic and civil service test preparation help, and genealogy and family history sources. Over 1.2 million searches are performed each month across the various TEL databases. Since 1999, the Tennessee Electronic Library has been dedicated to providing equal access to this expansive collection of electronic resources for all Tennesseans.
TEL is administered by the Tennessee State Library and Archives, a division of the Tennessee Department of State, Tre Hargett, Secretary of State.
Tennessee State Library & Archives—
eSequels—A guide to novels in a series.
Books may be searched by author, title, location, etc. Titles are annotated and shown in the order of publication.
Tennessee Blue Book—
Internal Revenue Service (tax forms, publications, etc.)