Lawrence County Government Employment Opportunities
Lawrence County will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), age, national origin, marital status, Vietnam era or qualified special disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veting, referrals; layoff, recall, termination, training, educational and tuition assistance, social and recreational programs, wages, other forms of compensation and job requirements.
Human Resources does accept applications in person. They are located at 202 Deller Street Lawrenceburg, TN 38464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., excepmployment, placement, promotion, demotion, or transfer; recruitment and recruitment advertising, referrals; layoff, recall, termination, training, educational and tuition assistance, social and recreational programs, wages, other forms of compensation and job requirements.
Human Resources does accept applications in person. They are located at 202 Deller Street Lawrenceburg, TN 38464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., except on designated holidays.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Title: Facilities Maintenance Director
Employer: Lawrence County Government
Classification: Salaried Status: Exempt Applications Accepted: Until November 13th
POSITION OVERVIEW: Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.); Perform general cleaning. Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre‐established check sheet. Preventive maintenance of structures & equipment.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work
surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Order parts and maintain required documents.
- Provide emergency repairs.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Position will supervise house-keeping staff as directed by the County Executive.
- Requisitions materials, supplies, equipment, inventory using purchasing procedures established by Lawrence County.
- Maintains work orders electronically and will establish an organized system to monitor work completed vs. work in process and report to the County Executive.
- Reviews contracts with vendors related to maintenance equipment and services and makes recommendations to County Executive and Budget Director.
- Communicates with vendors to obtain quotes on maintenance projects and services authorized by the County Executive and/or Budget Director.
- This position will check inmates in and out to assist with general duties as authorized by the County Executive.
PLEASE NOTE: Management reserves the right to change or otherwise modify the functions of this job in order to meet the needs of the county. Additional duties may also be assigned. Consideration will be given to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma.
- Three years working experience in facility maintenance.
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to read, writes, speaks and understands English fluently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards.
- Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly, and consistently.
- Ability to use common tools.
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Use miscellaneous office equipment (e.g. calculators, typewriters, computers, FAX machines, copiers, etc.).
- Must be able to pass a physical exam, vision and hearing test as established by Lawrence County.
- Ability to push minimum 100 pounds (power cleaning appliances); ability to lift minimum 100 pounds (trash and supplies).
- Ability to climb ladder and step ladder.
- Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as job may require.
- Extreme heat or cold
- Lifting or pushing up to 100 pounds
- Noise level which may, at times, require normal hearing protection in the form of ear plugs.
- Lubricating fluids, cleaning solvents, batteries, etc.
- Cleaning fluids normally used in custodial duties.
- Paints and solvents.
This above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working
conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
Title: Part-Time Election Commission Deputy
Location: Lawrenceburg, TN
Employer: Lawrence County Government
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Training in office administration, typing & computer skills
- Ability to interact successfully with the public & good organizational skills
Applications with a full job description can be requested at Election Commission Office. Applications will be accepted until November 1, 2017
Title: Patrol Deputy and Correctional Officer
Location: Lawrenceburg, TN
Employer: Sheriff's Department, Lawrence County Government
- Patrol Deputy: Responsible for patrolling assigned areas in a police cruiser in search of suspicious activity such as prostitution, drug trafficking, speeding, driving under the influence, and other violations. Arrests violators, books them in prison, and testifies in court proceedings.
- Correctional Officer: Maintain security within the institution and oversee the health and safety of staff and prisoners. Physically patrol and visually inspect units, yards, buildings, prisoners, prisoner property, and clothing, etc, to ensure the welfare, safety and security.